One of my frustrations has been limited space to spread out my tools and materials, so I have to constantly tidy up after myself in order not to waste time searching for something that is typically right in front of me. On the plane home, I was busy devising a tool case that will alleviate this annoyance ... I will post pictures as soon as I have it made!
I worked on fifteen instruments in five and a half days. Most of them needed extensive fingerboard work and a really good cleaning; all of them had to have their bridges lowered due to "tropical neck syndrome".
While I also left much work undone, teachers on the ground are already working on bringing me back for a two-week residency early next year, in hopes of giving those people I was teaching more chances to practise, and expand on, their new skills.
I did manage to sneak in a wonderful day on Trinidad's North Coast ...
Back in town, I started right back into my routine with our monthly Twin Cities Makers' meeting last night. Today is my first day back to teaching my regular students!